Wednesday, April 12, 2006

A Watershed Moment


It is interesting how time can come to a close yet really never shift. Here at school everyone is finishing up their last few assignments and then preparing for the long good-bye. These times of reflection can be such surreal moments as we reminisce on a years worth of memories. From food fights to mid night birthday bumps, new friendships and old we have experienced a variety of experiences that will forever shape us. Our time here is winding down, and its bitter sweetness leaves me confused. I love the idea of having new adventures and new journeys waiting for me at every bend in the summer, or the fact that many of us have no idea what this next stage in life will bring; embrace that mystery. And on the other hand we have the regret of leaving our 100 closest friends who we have walked so far with in this life, perhaps having spending the last moments ever with a few of them, never to see their face in our eyes again. This loss can be so overwhelming that it makes us weep. But I want to focus on the positives, the good times, the moments that brought you to your knees in laughter. Write them down or tell the stories to everyone that will listen, about your incredible moments being broken before His throne, winning the Dolan Cup, and even that one paper where you poured your heart out.

Today is the end of a grand adventure for me personally; our community group is having our last meeting. It was exciting having so many different people come together from so many walks of life, and to partake in this experiment of blogging. I hope we continue on as I feel that this media of writing can affect many things in our days beyond ourselves. So well done to the many member of this blogging experiment, I pray you continue writing and inspiring, releasing that inner voice that speaks so loudly.

As well as a young child grows and changes in character I have noticed this blog doing an evolution of sorts. I’ve seen it merge character with my other blog ‘Your Thoughts’. After considering merging the two and leaving this one barren I have decided to take the approach of a miss Tommi-Lyn, having brief life updates contained here, something I realize would be taking me back to the root of this blog. So I am going to try to bring this area back under its original purpose, being a personal expression of my thoughts, updating life moments. So for my more articulate and perhaps meaningful words (although this is completely subjective) you can find them in ‘Your Thoughts’, but as for ‘Breathing Easier’, I’m getting ready to exhale.

4 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, April 12, 2006, Blogger WAUGDAI said...

Looking forward to reading more of Breathing Easier my friend. It sounds like so many emotions are running rampant around that place... I pray for peace for you all and amazing insight for what lays ahead of you all. ;-)

 
At 8:54 AM, April 13, 2006, Blogger ms.renee said...

last year I left saying good-bye to maybe 2 people. I couldn't bear saying good-bye to everyone.

 
At 6:15 PM, April 15, 2006, Blogger Ashley said...

Life's journey brings us many people, all of whom are very crucial to each person's walk, most of whom we will not keep in contact with. A sad reality of life, but we can rejoice that we all continue to be in the same family. We are all connected.....

 
At 11:08 AM, April 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola,
Thank you for sharing these thoughts on goodbye. My morning was spent writing goodbyes to people and then delivering them - both filled with a good dose of tears. It is nice to know that there are others journeying through and beyond goodbye.
May your words continue to bring grace to those who hear.
Peace to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home