Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Back To Work...


Well it’s another year at FGBC, and another year in Scott’s community group and what does that mean; A lot more blogging. In fact, I have an assignment to submit four blogs by this Wednesday. Consider this the first.

This summer was a wonderful experience, in many ways. One way especially was the chance to gain three more close friends. Laurie, Kendall, and Craig in so many ways changed my life. They each on their own way showed me more of the Lord’s character, and taught me more of myself. It was interesting to be put in another intimate setting that resembled the year prior in my internship. One thing I’ve come to realize in the past few years is that I can be very hesitant to trust people. Needless to say I found it quite interesting to find myself being vulnerable with these three, noticing myself everyday sharing more of my heart with them. Perhaps it was because I had to live with them in high intensity situations for most of the summer, or perhaps it was because I was so exhausted I let my walls down…regardless of what it was I’m thankful. I find myself reflecting on this past summer realizing that I’ve been blessed with three more close friends, something that all the money in the world couldn’t buy.

This new year of school has been something of a surprise, a good surprise to be sure. I’ve watched as the first year class has embraced their time at school, bringing with it a plethora of joy and spiritual growth. The school has seen daily prayer meetings become the norm in the prayer room, something that after last year was being considered turned into a coffee shop! Now in no way am I calling this year ‘better’ than last year, just difference, and it’s this difference that I find incredibly motivating. In the midst of this year that I consider being entirely chaotic – with each having all but an hour and a half of free time/homework time – I find myself having an inner peace. Watching the student body being focused on the Lord instead of being lost in the confusion of getting marks, popularity, or a mess of so many other things, helps me remember why I’m there; not for marks, but to know Him more.

It’s going to be a good year, there are high hopes for a lot of things; volleyball – are teams are chalk full of talent – football – anything other than a championship will be disappointing – friendships, the positive attitude of the students makes making friendships that more enjoyable, and a whole host of other things the Lord has planned for us. It’s going to be a good year regardless, because God is good and that won’t change even if my circumstances do…because as always, “God is good, even when it hurts.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home