Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The Summer Wind


Why is it that sports have to hurt so much? Man I wish the would have won, I feel like I got my heart broken again, seems to be quite the theme this year with me and hockey: ABHE…we tried, Ramblers…2nd round failures, Flames…1st round dropouts. Drive a guy crazy they played like they didn’t care, and that hurts.

I’m at home this week preparing for my summer. There is such a feel of anxiety for the unknown, yet such an excitement for this mystery too. What will it be like, what will I learn, what memories will be made. It’s exciting to come home and see everyone else growing and moving along in their own lives, whether it be getting jobs, making choices for school, announcing pregnancy, whatever it is I’m stoked to see us continue to flourish.

I plan on making this summer one of accomplishment, and well see how good I am at self motivation:
- Gain 10 pounds. Its that time of my life where I strangle the 160 barrier and surpasses it. This is one of the thorns in my side, not really, but I’ll see it as that this summer to motivate me.
- Run every morning for 2 k. I want to do this because I love to run. I find it to be one of the most freeing things. I don’t think when I run, and I like that.
- Increase my vertical for volleyball – I want to be able to jump 30 feet in the air, so I guess I might have to do a few drills to get there.

It can be hard coming home for a number of reasons, but the main one being the fact that it seems my decision to go to school seems to render no support among people I care the most. It is funny how this can be, because many of these people do not understand the happenings of the school and the atmosphere it brings. They rely on different facts they have heard throughout their lives and instead of peering into the growth many others and I have walked through, they still rely on past prejudice to measure my life. It is in the end all right though, I understand that people have an opinion on certain things and I will not hold it against them. The Lord has asked me to be obedient to His plan and even when it hurts I will walk even crawl because He is worth it: I’ll hold onto you.

Anyway onto the summer, and I hope all your summers are jammed full of wonderful memories, and I hope that I run into you so we can spend some time causing ruckus.

3 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, May 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will cheer you on and support you. I know that school isn't perfect but no place is. Will see you around next week.
Warmest regard and care,

Nancy P

 
At 10:04 PM, May 07, 2006, Blogger Ashley said...

Greg,
Your going to have an incredible summer. I hope and pray that all your recruiting proves to be a life changing experience. I look forward to wonderful stories. Keep your head up.

 
At 9:56 AM, May 08, 2006, Blogger Matt said...

Your gonna have so much fun this summer, the four months will go by so fast, and then school. Be blesses

 

Post a Comment

<< Home