Saturday, June 10, 2006

The Grid Road Grinding


Oh my goodness, it is such a wonderful opportunity to sit here and catch up on some info. We just finished our Alberta tour with Admissions, and it was such a blast to be in the city again. The business, the opportunities, the people – each of whom holds a story worth telling – really made things exciting fro me to return home to. Also it I was pumped to attend some school with kids who had grown up in the city, just one more thing to share in common.

A funny story out of all this is was delivered from Craig. It seems that with myself being the only city boy on the team, that I am the brunt of a lot of jokes from Laurie, Craig, and Kendall – whom you might want to ask who is new in her life -, most having to do with my unfortunate circumstance of being a city boy, a perspective I do not share with them. Anyway, it was recently revealed to the group that I had no idea what a ‘grid road’ was. This was discovered when I was asked to turn onto one, quickly realizing that it was not a highway of any numbering, but in fact a nightmarish gravel road that could very well have led to the edge of the world. I was mocked for a few days and now there is a running joke within the team that refers to Greg’s ignorance to farm life. So we were in the city, taking part in a very comfortable and relaxed presentation, and somewhere down the line we started talking about city and farm lives. Needless to say the comment of myself being the only city kid arose, and then Craig stepped in for the kill…”Yah he didn’t even know what a grid road was…”

Absolute silence. I watched as a confused look washed over all their faces, as they admitted to Craig they had no idea either. I could do nothing but stand and clap.

So a few quick updates, the Riders game was a good time, it was a terrible game that involved one touchdown over the entire length of the game, but it was still an awesome time. Rider fans are wild, some guys wore chicken feet. It seems Craig Knudsen is slow on his blogging efforts, he has an account set up and I’m linked to it, he’s just struggling to find the right words to put down. As well Sheldon Riess has joined the blogging world, http://crassfiles.blogspot.com/, the Crass files are now up and running. Also it seems Grant Lucy has made the shift to blogspot keeping us updated with http://wordstomakeyouthink.blogspot.com/, Words To Make You Think.

That is all for now, I would love to hang out with some of you this summer at some camps or Street Invaders, or even if it’s just the Praise Party. I don’t expect people to make their way down here, so when I’m in the neighborhood let’s make sure we make some memories.

3 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, June 11, 2006, Blogger Ashley said...

The other day I won a radio contest by answering the question "What does Massey Ferguson make?" you probably don't know the answer to that either.

 
At 8:30 PM, June 11, 2006, Blogger Shadrac said...

A grid road... I can't believe you Alberta folk. So spoiled with all that high quality highway, its no wonder - you can hardly find anything but pavement there. Aw well, my attempt to expose your human side failed but one of these days Ill getcha with a quick one.

 
At 8:40 AM, June 16, 2006, Blogger Tommi said...

Hey Greg I love the updates! it's okay you didn't know what a grid road was. If he would have saidf gravel, you would have understood.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home