Tuesday, April 25, 2006

While Back...

This has been the longest stretch for a while with no time to write. I’ve been busy hear at school with finals, saying good byes and, most recently graduation. This week I have to help set up for Jr. High weekend, an annual youth event held here at the college. Through all this the Lord has been speaking to me and it is not always the words I want to hear. I am being told to trust Him and leave it at that, but what I am struggling with is the idea of trusting Him and having it being somewhat painful. The place I’m in right now and the issue I’m struggling to trust Him with could – or so it seems – be easily fixed if I were to grab the reigns of my life and make some simple decisions. But through it all I know I will continue to trust, hanging on to all that He is to me: everything. It is kind of exciting though, the thought of recognizing that God is visibly trying to teach me something, but it can be so frustrating not knowing what that thing is. And so my journey continues. I loved what Chris D. said this weekend, “The journey is the destination.” This summer has just landed in my lap and what it holds only He knows. All I know is that I will hold onto Him with all I am like the song says, “I’ll hold onto you, I’ll hold onto you, I’ll hold onto, sweet, sweet Jesus.”

4 Comments:

At 2:25 AM, April 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greg.

I've been down the road that you're about to venture, with the summer recruitment busniess. And I just wanted to tell you that it's important to keep a focus on the goal, and to remember that no matter what it seems like that the goal isn't getting peopel to go to FGBC, but to better their faith, and hope that they might go somewhere that allows them to do just that, weather it by FGBC or not. Trust in God, know that you will get tired, and i have the faith that you will surpass all that is required of you. Lean on the one whom gives you your strength in your times of need. God Bless, and don't worry i will enjoy my self at home. Hope to see you a few times over the summer.

Mills

 
At 11:44 PM, April 25, 2006, Blogger WAUGDAI said...

Trust. It's a journey to walk through... something I always took pride in that I had with Him. The quickly realized... until my default in every are of my life is Him first... I got trust issues. haha. Love, love this place you're in Greg. Love your heart man! You inspire me to be a better woman of God.

 
At 1:46 PM, April 27, 2006, Blogger Matt said...

Well said Greg, I must say I miss so many people but have been putting Christ aside. I love the people that were here, and will remember the memories we all had. Like Danny said "Trust in God" thats all we need to do. I myself am wondering what to do next week, where i'll be. It's scary, but just trust in God.

 
At 12:31 AM, April 29, 2006, Blogger Tracy said...

Greg,

I hope this summer will be hard for you. I know that isn't a good word of encouragement, but I will be honest, it will be hard. I pray that you will continue to trust in our Father. Run into His arms when you are tired and you feel like you can't go another day. He will give you the rest you need. I also hope God will reveal himself to you in a brand new way during the next few months. Be blessed.

Love Always,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home